2. Collecting, Processing and Using Personal Information
- You will be required to provide your personal information as adequate and necessary when visiting our website or other online services. In addition, AREC will process and use your personal information only within the scope of specific purpose as you agreed upon. We will not use your personal information for any other purposes without your written consent.
- If you submit any inquiry to AREC by email or telephone, please provide your correct telephone number or email address for reply purposes.
- Data Collected from your use of this website and AREC online service. We automatically receive certain data about the computer or device you are using when you visit, including: your Internet Protocol (IP) address; information about the browser or type of device you are using; the date and time of your visit; and the web page you visited immediately prior to visiting this site. This record is for internal use and is never made public.
- When processing your personal information, AREC will comply with relevant internal procedures and information security requirements to adopt necessary staff control measures.
- No identifiable personal information will be collected by AREC for simply browsing or downloading files from AREC website and online service.
3. Protection of Personal Information
AREC is committed to taking steps to protect Personal Information you provide to us. Personal Information is only accessed by authorized staff who is instructed to handle Personal Information in a confidential manner. Personal Information is protected by firewalls and standard industry security measures.
We may also transmit sensitive information and transactional data using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. The transmission of information through the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
5. Sharing Personal Information with Third Party
AREC will not provide, exchange, lease or sell your personal information to other persons, organizations, private corporations or public institutions, unless due to legal or contractual obligations.
The “legal or contractual obligations” in the previous paragraph to share your personal information with a third party include, but are not limited to, the following circumstances:
- to cooperate with legal investigation initiated by judicial authorities;
- to cooperate with competent authorities in discharge of their duties to investigate or use (such as financial audit carried out by the National Audit Office of the R.O.C. or a certified public accountant);
- a good-faith belief that the disclosure of your personal information is required by law;
- to determine your identity, to provide contact information or to take legal actions, when necessary, if you as a website visitor violate the service terms of AREC, or are likely to jeopardize or interfere with the interests of AREC or result in damages to any person;
- to fulfill contractual obligations under outsourcing contracts.
AREC will fulfill the responsibilities for supervising and managing the vendors or individuals whom AREC has engaged to collect, process or use your personal information.